Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Options, something we don't get often

The essay that I've decided to revise is the one about the opinion piece because I felt as if that was all I could say about the advertisement argument. I chose this essay because I know I can get a better grade than that,  even though it is my first time writing this sort of essay. It's the lowest grade I got in writing before, and it sucks to see that since i'm usually good at writing. Hopefully I'll take my time and try to rewrite most sentences so I won't be so vague, which is a common problem when I'm writing because I assume the reader already knows what I'm referring to. I want to better explain my ideas, so that the reader knows exactly where I'm coming from. Also I know I have to add more quotes from the actual article, its just hard trying to write a lot about a short opinion piece. I want to also improve on my transitioning words, ending and topic sentences, and to try not to repeat my point unless its rephrased. I should probably talk about the actual rhetorical devices like logos,ethos and pathos that the author successfully or non successfully uses. I aim to get a higher grade altogether.

0 comments:

Post a Comment